System of values
In our activities, we are guided by the key principle of legal compliance and responsibility for the impact of our operations on the world around us. Our system of social values comprises transparency, openness, innovativeness and responsibility.
The LOTOS Group’s mission is to pursue innovation-driven, sustainable development in the exploration, production and processing of hydrocarbons and marketing of high-quality products, which is conducive to creating lasting value for shareholders, ensuring customer satisfaction, enhancing and leveraging the employee potential, and which is responsible towards society, environmentally friendly and consistent with the energy security policy.
In 2013, we implemented our Code of Ethics, in which employees of the LOTOS Group additionally committed to behave in accordance with the following ethical values:
– we try to make the most of our knowledge and skills by actively applying them in our work. We build the organization’s value primarily on the professionalism of our staff, who all aspire to being experts in their respective fields. We perform our duties to the highest standards of care and objectivity, striving to continually improve our skills and professional qualifications.
− manifests itself in decisions and actions that do not infringe the dignity of other individuals and entities. We follow the principle of respect in building our relations with employees, as well as with business and social partners. We respect the diversity and equality of all our associates and representatives of the LOTOS Group partners, irrespective of their nationality, race, sex, age, disability, religious denomination, political convictions or sexual orientation.
- we act and communicate transparently in our relations with employees, clearly and intelligibly defining their rights and obligations, and justifying decisions that affect them. We make sure that our employees have access to information they need to properly perform their duties. In our external relations, we openly communicate our decisions, actions and reasons by which we are guided in mutual relations, especially with customers, suppliers, participants of the capital market and local communities.
− cooperation is a defining feature of our approach to building mutual relations in such a way as to maximise benefits for the LOTOS Group, with due regard to the interests of the other party. Cooperation is based on open communication, trust and strong focus on the achievement of common goals. We practise the values of cooperation in our relations with both internal and external parties.
As a corporate citizen, in all areas of our activity we endorse and abide by the principles of United Nations Global Compact, a voluntary international corporate citizenship initiative of unprecedented reach.
Principles of UN Global Compact
- Support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights.
- Eliminate human rights abuse.
- Uphold the freedom of association.
- Eliminate all forms of forced or compulsory labour.
- Support the effective abolition of child labour.
- Effectively eliminate discrimination in employment.
- Support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges.
- Undertake initiatives designed to promote environmental responsibility.
- Encourage development and diffusion of environmentally-friendly technologies.
- Work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery.